Thursday 2 February 2012

Weekend in London (seeing Wicked & New Year GETS)

!~Hey Readers~!

I have to apologise for not posting much recently!
I have been planning things and working as much as possible ^^;

Though On Sunday just gone, I travelled up to London to see
two of my best friends, Sam & Steph (They're twins! <3)

(Left: Sam & Right: Steph)

We dropped our bags off at the Travelodge we were staying at and went out to do a little bit of shopping and catch the end of  Chinese New Year. But we forgot it was 5pm, and that England sucks for Sunday opening times ;__; 
So we went to 'EAT.' and got some tea.
I had a Matcha latte <3 

We also decided to take pictures as cats...
Derpy Cats!! XD

After this we were hungry so we had dinner at Bella Italia and went home to plan the next day...

WHERE WE WERE GOING TO SEE WICKED!!!!
So we woke up at 7am, got ready for 8am and set out the door for Victoria.
(We were staying in the West End) 
it was FUCKING COLD. D8 (Roughly -2c)

So we stood outside the Box Office of the 'Apollo Victoria' theatre with our morning lattes until it opened for the chance of getting front row. The funny thing was that we were the only non-Korean people in the queue.... it was really strange...but fine none the less - we're all mad. 

It paid off though - at 10:03am we managed to buy.....
DEAD CENTRE, FRONT ROW TICKETS!!!
(for only £27.50 each too!! BARGAIN)

As you may have noticed above - we went somewhere warm for a well-deserved breakfast.
'The Diner' in Soho, one of our favourite places to eat.
I had Blueberry pancakes with extra maple syrup while Sam & Steph had Banana pancakes.
We were so happy to have these LOL.

After some shopping in Picadilly Circus & Oxford Street~ I managed to pick up February's Egg and a new shampoo from L'occitane. 
It came with a "free" JSG collab pouch!
IT FITS EVERYTHING OMG.
I tried this, this morning and it's not that bad at all! Smells like pulped plants but it makes my hair super clean and bouncy. :)

...That evening...

The doors just had opened at the Apollo and we made our way inside.

I found a secret smiley face which amused me!
Also everything was green! Really cool~<3

I took some photos of the stage when the orchestra were setting up.
These are both the sides/wings of the stage

And here is the Dragon Clock at the top with the call curtain being the map of Oz.

It was an absolutely STUNNING show, and even though we saw the standby actress as Elphaba instead of Rachel Tucker, my god she was extremely professional in her singing and acting and astounded us three and I think the rest of the audience. 
If you have never seen Wicked - I highly recommend it. Mostly a Comedy, with Romance and Sadness/Angst in there too. You'll never want to watch Wizard of Oz again lol.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh great post, I love the theatre :D
    Though Ive never seen Wicked!

    Also Im all "jkherbfjehrfbejlr" about seeing a matcha latte in the UK!! DO WANT :O
    I havent had one for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww the secret smiley haha, I love that term!

    Also ahh I've been wondering what the musical has been like! I've read the book and it's got quite a lot of weird sexual shit in, I assume that's not in the musical? Lolol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They changed a LOT in the musical, mostly to make it more family friendly. But it's sooooo good!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had fun! Unfortunately matcha latte makes me cough a bit >.<


    I have given you the Versatile Blogger award!
    http://poupee-sapphira.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun your blog! i like it!
    I follow you!
    Adorabels photos1 =3

    ReplyDelete